Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Good vs. Evil

I have been putting so much time and effort into this Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde paper. I have probably spent a total of twelve hours on it over the last four days. Basically, it is at the point where it is completely ridiculous. This paper should not take this much time to write. I already have the outside sources that I am going to use, and I have already went through the book and highlighted and bookmarked examples that I want to use in my paper. I actually believe in the topic that I am writing about (how Jekyll and Hyde is relevant today). But still, I am having no luck what-so-ever on writing the paper. I will seriously just stare at the screen and try to figure out what to write next, but nothing is coming out. There are a few different reasons that are contributing to this.

The main reason is that I am discouraged. I am discouraged because I have always done really well in English, especially writing, and I feel like anything that I do in this class is not good enough. I am not satisfied with the grades that I have been getting and I am extremely worried that I will not get the grade that I am aiming for. I am very worried about upholding the 4.0 that I have in college and I feel like this class is going to ruin that. I feel like nothing I do is good enough, so why try?

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I went from being amazing in my first English class to... well, still being amazing, but losing any desire to do any of this and getting lower grades than I should. This whole paper has been a PAIN to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely agree with Lanie. Just don't over-think it or stress out. It'll just put MORE stress on yourself. But good luck with your creative project and paper #4!

    ReplyDelete